Chicken breasts with charred romaine and nectarine-almond salsa
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Grilled chicken breasts taste even better with our summery salsa spooned on top and grilled romaine and radishes served alongside.
- Two 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 2 nectarines
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- 1 romaine heart
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 1 lemon
- Fresh mint
To get dinner on the table more quickly, use two pans: one to cook the chicken and another to char the romaine and radishes while the chicken cooks.
Make It Leaner: A little vinaigrette and some chopped roasted almonds can go a long way. By cutting the amount of both by half, you will reduce the calories by 70 and the fat by 7 grams per serving. The combination of the nectarines, tomatoes, and mint has so much flavor that you won’t miss the additional almonds or oil.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the nectarine-almond salsa.
Start the nectarine-almond salsa
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
Prep and cook the romaine and radishes
- Keeping the root intact, cut the romaine in half lengthwise.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut the radishes into quarters.
While the romaine and radishes cook, finish the nectarine-almond salsa.
Finish the nectarine-almond salsa
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Protein: 49g (98% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts