In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts and Greek orzo salad with tomatoes, olives, and feta
Soy-Free, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the flavors of a Greek taverna, we toss warm orzo with briny olives, tangy feta, and tender veggies. Served with simply cooked chicken, this meal would make a yia yia (Greek grandmother) proud.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orzo
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories 570, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 76g (28% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orzo
While the water heats and the orzo cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken rests, finish the salad.
Finish the orzo salad
- Fill the sauce pot with water for the orzo.
- Time the orzo.
- Set the table.