Chicken breasts with cherry tomatoes, summer squash, and olives
25 – 35 Minutes
We looked to the Mediterranean for this simple yet satisfying gluten-free dinner, a Williams Sonoma and Sun Basket partnership.
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa orzo
- 1 summer squash
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Two boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6-ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
To make a light, easy sauce for the vegetables, in Step 4 we add a little white wine to the pan after cooking the chicken. But if you prefer, just use a little of the orzo cooking water instead. What you lose in acidity from the wine, you’ll gain in body from the starch in the cooking water.
Cook the orzo
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken rests, finish the dish.
Finish the dish
Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).