In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared chicken breasts with tomato salsa, asparagus, and chopped eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Chicken breasts compete with asparagus for attention and flavor in this easy yet sophisticated paleo dish.
In your bag
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Nutrition per serving
Calories 460, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 280mg (93% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 16g (6% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 52g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the tomato salsa and start the chicken.
Make the tomato salsa
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Finely chop the eggs (see Chef’s Tip) and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Peel the eggs.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the salsa.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus.
- Strip the parsley leaves.