In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts with Mediterranean artichoke and green bean salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Hungry? This gluten-free chicken dinner features a Mediterranean salsa chock-full of goodness: artichokes, chickpeas, green beans, and fresh parsley with Italian vinaigrette. Yum!
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅓ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¾ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket Italian vinaigrette (EVOO - red wine vinegar - champagne vinegar - sun-dried tomatoes - garlic - dried oregano - Dijon mustard)
Calories 470, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
While the water heats and the beans cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper and the garlic-herb blend.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the salsa
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the artichokes.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salsa.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.