In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts with peach caprese salad and red pepper vinaigrette
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
In this riff on caprese, we add peaches to a quick and light summer salad and top the whole thing with pan-roasted chicken breasts.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic peach or other stone fruit
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (roasted red peppers - EVOO - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories: 590, Protein: 52g (104% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the salad ingredients.
Make the peach caprese salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ⅓ cup [½ cup].
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut or tear the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Measure the onion.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Assemble the peach caprese salad.