In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts with roasted delicata squash, wilted kale, and raisins
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Ever feel like you hit the flavor jackpot? This chicken dinner’s got it all: sweetness from raisins, tang from pomegranate molasses, nutty notes from Parmesan, and earthiness from wilted greens.
In your bag
- 1 organic delicata or other squash (about ¾ pound)
- Protein options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 small bunch organic kale or other leafy greens (about ¼ pound)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
Calories 470, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 230mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the delicata squash
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the delicata squash with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread the squash in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until tender and browned, 18 to 22 minutes.
While the squash is roasting, cook your protein.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken to the pan and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Add the pork to the pan and cook, turning frequently, until browned but still faintly pink within, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add the salmon to the pan and cook until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Make the kale
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the raisins and kale (the kale in batches if needed), and cook, stirring occasionally, until the raisins are softened and the kale is just wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add ½ cup [¾ cup] water, cover, and cook for 2 min. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter (from your pantry), if using.
Transfer the delicata squash, kale, and your protein to individual serving plates, garnish with the Parmesan, drizzle with the pomegranate molasses, and serve.
- Season and toss the squash.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the Parmesan.
- Set the table.