In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts with salsa verde–seasoned potatoes and fennel
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Simple and delicious often go hand in hand. And this meal is the perfect example. Juicy chicken teams up with crisp-edged potatoes seasoned with herbaceous salsa verde and licoricey fennel.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 5 ounces organic baby broccoli
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 10 ounces sous vide potatoes
- ¼ cup Italian salsa verde
- 1 organic lemon
Calories 490, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables and garnish.
Prep the vegetables and garnish
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; thinly slice the quarters crosswise.
- Cut a small corner from the potato packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Set aside half the Italian salsa verde for serving.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
Cook the vegetables
In another large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sous vide potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a plate and season to taste with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the potatoes, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the baby broccoli and fennel and season with salt and pepper; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in half the Italian salsa verde.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables to individual plates. Drizzle with the remaining salsa verde and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Divide the salsa verde.
- Time the cooking.
- Drizzle the salsa verde.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges.