In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken Buddha bowls with black rice and chipotle mustard vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Healthy, meet delicious. These antioxidant-rich bowls are chock-full of good-for-you ingredients along with a great mix of flavors and textures.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 6 ounces organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- ¼ pound organic mini sweet peppers
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket chipotle mustard vinaigrette (EVOO - whole grain Dijon mustard - onion - apple cider vinegar - tomato paste - kosher salt - chipotle chile powder)
Calories 600, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 78g (28% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
In a small sauce pot, combine the black rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the sprouts into quarters.
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the mini sweet peppers. Cut the peppers crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rings.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Roast the vegetables and chicken
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Toss the vegetables and apple with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Help assemble the Buddha bowls.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette.