In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken Buddha bowls with black rice and chipotle mustard vinaigrette
Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Healthy, meet delicious. These antioxidant-rich bowls are chock-full of good-for-you ingredients along with a great mix of flavors and textures.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 6 ounces organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- ¼ pound organic mini sweet peppers
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket chipotle mustard vinaigrette (EVOO - whole grain Dijon mustard - onion - apple cider vinegar - tomato paste - kosher salt - chipotle chile powder)
Calories: 600, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
In a small sauce pot, combine the black rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the sprouts into quarters.
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the mini sweet peppers. Cut the peppers crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rings.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Roast the vegetables and chicken
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Toss the vegetables and apple with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Help assemble the Buddha bowls.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette.