In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken cacciatore over fresh pappardelle
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
This rustic Italian dish is the ultimate comfort food. We add olives for a punch of flavor and serve over our favorite wide noodles.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh pappardelle
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
Calories: 750, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 33g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 170mg (57% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the pappardelle
While the water heats and the pappardelle cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the flour with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
While the chicken browns, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [1½ cups].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the cacciatore and one for garnish.
Cook the cacciatore
Add the herbed marinara, chicken, olives, half the parsley, and ¼ cup [⅓ cup] reserved pasta cooking water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season and spread the flour.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.