In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken cacciatore over fresh pappardelle
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
This rustic Italian dish is the ultimate comfort food. We add olives for a punch of flavor and serve over our favorite wide noodles.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh pappardelle
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
Calories 750, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 630mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 81g (29% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 46g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the pappardelle
While the water heats and the pappardelle cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the flour with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
While the chicken browns, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [1½ cups].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the cacciatore and one for garnish.
Cook the cacciatore
Add the herbed marinara, chicken, olives, half the parsley, and ¼ cup [⅓ cup] reserved pasta cooking water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season and spread the flour.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.