Chicken cacciatore with cauliflower mash
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
35 – 45 Minutes
Chicken cacciatore served on a bed of cauliflower mashed and drizzled with olive oil (if you’d like) puts an earthy, paleo twist on an Italian favorite.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Cacciatore sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- 10 ounces cauliflower
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 680, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 45g (69% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 52g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 710mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.