In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken cacciatore with cauliflower mash
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Chicken cacciatore served alongside mashed cauliflower drizzled with olive oil (if you like) puts an earthy low-carb twist on an Italian favorite.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, avoid using salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket cacciatore sauce base (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 430, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 23g (8% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the chicken browns, prepare the sauce ingredients.
Make the sauce; finish cooking the chicken
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
Nestle the chicken in the sauce and add any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the chicken and sauce simmer, prepare the cauliflower “rice.”
Prep and cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the parsley.
Prep the parsley; mash the cauliflower
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Time the cauliflower “rice.”
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.