Chicken cacciatore with mushrooms and cauliflower mash
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
35 – 45 Minutes
An easy-to-make-ahead paleo meal, this Italian feast pairs well with cauliflower mash. (Psst, we think the kids will like it just as much as mashed potatoes.)
“ Loved the mix of veggies”
In your bag
- 4 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Cacciatore sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
Make It Ahead
The recipe can be prepared through Step 4 up to 1 day ahead; let the chicken and cauliflower cool, then cover and refrigerate them separately. Reheat before proceeding with the last two steps.
Calories: 540, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 34g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.