In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Simple chicken Caesar with ciabatta croutons
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Sunbasket does a 20-minute chicken Ceasar–and we’ve added garlicky Parmesan croutons for a bit of that gourmet flare you can always count on from our kitchen.
In your bag
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic romaine hearts
- Sunbasket Caesar dressing (paleo mayo - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic - anchovy paste - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 750, Total Fat 40g (51% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 175mg (58% DV), Sodium 1430mg (62% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 56g
Contains: Milk, Fish, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the ciabatta croutons
- Tear the ciabatta into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] Parmesan; set aside the rest for the salad.
On a sheet pan, spread the ciabatta in an even layer and toast in the oven until crisp and browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
While the ciabatta croutons toast, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the romaine.
Prep the romaine; toss the salad
- Trim the root ends from the romaine hearts; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Tear the ciabatta.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the Parmesan.
- Toss the ciabatta pieces with seasonings.