In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Simple chicken chile verde with jicama salad
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Tangy tomatillos and mild green chiles provide the signature color and rich yet mild savoriness of this paleo and gluten-free stew.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Mexican spice blend (granulated garlic - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- ½ cup crushed tomatillos
- ½ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 organic jicama (about 1 pound)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories: 540, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, start preparing the chile verde.
Prep the onion; cook the chile verde
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Stir in the shredded chicken and simmer until the sauce is the consistency of a thick stew, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chile verde cooks, prepare the jicama salad.
Make the jicama salad
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks, and the sticks crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the jicama salad.
- Garnish the chile verde.