In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken chile verde with jicama relish and paprika rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Tomatillos and mild green chiles add sweetness to this paleo and gluten-free, family-friendly chicken dinner.
In your bag
- 1 cup long-grain white rice*
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 yellow onion
- Chile verde spice blend (granulated garlic - ground cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1⅓ cups crushed tomatillos
- ⅔ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 pound jicama
- 1 lime
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 600, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chicken.
Poach the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, start the chile verde.
Prep the onion; cook the chile verde
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
Stir in the shredded chicken and continue simmering until the sauce is the consistency of a thick stew, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chile verde cooks, prepare the jicama relish.
Make the jicama relish
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks and the sticks crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Zest the lime.
- Juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Shred the chicken.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the jicama relish and season to taste.
- Garnish the chile verde.
- Sweep the floor.