In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken chile verde with jicama relish and paprika rice
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo-Friendly
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Tomatillos and mild green chiles add sweetness to this paleo and gluten-free, family-friendly chicken dinner.
In your bag
- 1 cup long-grain white rice*
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 yellow onion
- Chile verde spice blend (granulated garlic - ground cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1⅓ cups crushed tomatillos
- ⅔ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 pound jicama
- 1 lime
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories: 600, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 62g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chicken.
Poach the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, start the chile verde.
Prep the onion; cook the chile verde
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
Stir in the shredded chicken and continue simmering until the sauce is the consistency of a thick stew, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chile verde cooks, prepare the jicama relish.
Make the jicama relish
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama; cut the white flesh into ½-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks and the sticks crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Zest the lime.
- Juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Shred the chicken.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the jicama relish and season to taste.
- Garnish the chile verde.
- Sweep the floor.