In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken chile verde with tomatillos and cabbage-celery slaw
Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
We’ve simplified chile verde, a beloved Latin dish, making this terrific comfort food doable at home in less than 30 minutes.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅛ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sun Basket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- Sun Basket tomatillo sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 organic celery rib
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Calories: 460, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, start the chile verde.
Prep the onion; cook the chile verde
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Add the shredded chicken and continue simmering until the mixture is the consistency of a thick stew, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the chile verde cooks, prepare the slaw.
Make the cabbage-celery slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Thinly slice the celery.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Shred the chicken.
- Measure the onion.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Add the garnishes.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.