In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken chile verde with tomatillos and cucumber salad
Soy-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Deceptively simple and clean-eating-approved, our spin on traditional Latin chicken chile verde is likely to be your new favorite comfort meal.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅛ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sunbasket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ¼ pound crushed tomatillos
- 2 ounces diced mild green chiles
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 470, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 46g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, start the chile verde.
Prep the onion; cook the chile verde
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Add the shredded chicken and continue simmering until the mixture is the consistency of a thick stew, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, if desired, and pepper.
While the chile verde cooks, prepare the cucumber salad.
Make the cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut the halves lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into enough ½-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes. Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Juice the lime.
- Toss and season the cucumber salad.
- Add the garnishes.