In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken cutlets with piccata sauce and apple-brassica salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
An Italian-American classic, piccata sauce brims with bright lemon and briny capers. Dusting the chicken with arrowroot powder instead of breading keeps them crisp, paleo, and ready in just 20 minutes.
In your bag
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 apple (such as Braeburn or another red apple)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket slaw dressing base (red onion - red wine vinegar - fresh garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers
Calories 690, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 57g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken cutlets dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, spread the arrowroot powder in an even layer and season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts crosswise.
- Cut the apple into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; thinly slice the fruit.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the piccata sauce.
Make the piccata sauce
- Measure ½ cup [1 cup] vegetable broth; save the rest for another use.
- Zest the lemon. Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Spread and season the arrowroot powder.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Stir together the slaw dressing.
- Toss the salad.
- Measure the vegetable broth.