In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken donburi bowls with cauliflower “rice”
Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Made with cauliflower “rice,” these Japanese-inspired donburi bowls are healthy, low-carb comfort food.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 ounces organic shiitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket umami blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
Calories: 440, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 1130mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the remaining donburi ingredients.
Cook the donburi topping
- Remove the stems from the shiitakes; thinly slice the caps.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish.
While the donburi cooks, prepare the cauliflower “rice.”
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Measure the oil for the chicken and cauliflower “rice.”
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions.