In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken donburi bowls with cauliflower “rice”
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Made with cauliflower “rice,” these Japanese-inspired donburi bowls are healthy, low-carb comfort food.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 ounces organic shiitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket umami blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
Calories 440, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 1130mg (49% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the remaining donburi ingredients.
Cook the donburi topping
- Remove the stems from the shiitakes; thinly slice the caps.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish.
While the donburi cooks, prepare the cauliflower “rice.”
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Measure the oil for the chicken and cauliflower “rice.”
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions.