In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken fajita skillet with roasted red peppers and penne pasta
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Fajita-spiced chicken, smoky roasted red peppers, creamy red kidney beans, and melty cheddar cheese come together in this flavor-packed weeknight pasta dish.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket fajita spice blend (cumin - dried Mexican oregano - ancho chile powder - granulated garlic)
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ cup grated cheddar
- ¼ cup sliced pitted black olives
Calories: 670, Protein: 49g (98% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 195mg (65% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients; cook the penne
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the fajita spice blend.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Rinse the kidney beans.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish.
While the water heats and the penne cooks, start the chicken.
Cook the chicken; finish the dish
- Separate the penne.
- Rinse the beans.
- Time the penne.
- Garnish with olives and scallions.