In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken gundi dumpling soup with fresh fusilli and mint
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Made from chickpea flour and chicken, gundi are the Persian-Jewish version of matzo balls, with a lighter, pillowy texture, served here in a hearty soup.
In your bag
- 1 organic leek
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket gundi spice blend (turmeric - cardamom - coriander - cumin - garam masala - Aleppo chile flakes - nutmeg)
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 7 ounces fresh fusilli
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Nutrition per serving
Calories 700, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 255mg (85% DV), Sodium 470mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 82g (30% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 47g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the soup ingredients and the gundi
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons, enough to measure 1½ cups [3 cups]. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the soup
Add the vegetable broth and 2½ cups [4 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a vigorous simmer, add the chicken dumplings, and cook until firm and almost cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes after all the dumplings have been added to the pot. Stir in the fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fusilli is just tender and the dumplings are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
When the soup is almost done, prepare the mint.
Prep the mint; finish the soup
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Wash the leek and pat dry.
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Strip the mint leaves.