In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shredded chicken and sweet potato hash with soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
There’s just something about breakfast for dinner. This humble chicken hash with sweet potato and soft-cooked eggs hits the spot any hour of the day.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
If you’re looking for an easier way to peel the eggs, use a serrated knife to cut the cooked eggs in half lengthwise (shell and all!) and scoop out each half with a spoon.
Calories: 540, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 280mg (93% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ¼-inch cubes.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
While the potato and pepper cook, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, finish the hash.
Finish the hash
- Thinly slice the garlic.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Finish the eggs
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Time the chicken.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Peel the eggs.
- Garnish with the scallions.