Chicken katsu with bok choy and jade rice
25 – 35 Minutes
An easy-to-make riff on crispy chicken nuggets, these Japanese-style cutlets are served with jade rice and our (optional) spicy chile mayonnaise.
In your bag
- 1 cup jade rice
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 or 4 heads baby bok choy
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- Sun Basket spicy chile mayo (paleo mayo - gochujang)
Gochujang is a spicy-sweet Korean hot sauce that gives our chile mayo a kick we love. But if anyone in your family is not a fan of spicy food, you can offer them the katsu with ketchup or plain mayonnaise for dipping.
Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 18g (90% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 840mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars (Gochuchang contains trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans