In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken katsu with bok choy and jade rice
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
An easy-to-make riff on crispy chicken nuggets, these Japanese-style cutlets are served with jade rice and our (optional) spicy chile mayonnaise.
In your bag
- 1 cup jade rice
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 or 4 heads baby bok choy
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- Sunbasket spicy chile mayo (paleo mayo - gochujang)
Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 840mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 67g (24% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 47g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In separate shallow bowls or plates, spread the flour and panko in an even layer.
- Crack the egg into another shallow bowl. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the bok choy
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Rinse the rice.
- Spread the flour and panko in bowls.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure out the garlic and ginger.
- Set the table.