In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken katsu with gingered greens and spicy chile mayo
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
An easy-to-make riff on crispy chicken nuggets, these Japanese-style cutlets are served with our gently spicy chile mayo.
In your bag
- ½ cup jade rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- 1 organic egg
- 1 bunch organic mustard greens or other leafy greens (about ¾ pound)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- Sunbasket spicy chile mayo (paleo mayo - gochujang)
Calories: 750, Protein: 51g (102% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- On separate plates or shallow bowls, season the flour and panko with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the mustard greens
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard greens; coarsely chop the greens.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Season and spread the flour and panko.
- Garnish with the cilantro.
“So yummy and such a good balance of healthy and delicious.” —Erin T.