In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken Kiev and Russian salad with hard-cooked eggs and scallions
Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Our gluten-free version of chicken Kiev is juicy and rich without the butter. Tangy Russian dressing adds a rich, velvety finish to the salad in this fun retro dish.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Sun Basket paleo “bread crumbs” (almond meal - flaxseed meal - granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket Russian dressing (paleo mayo - tomato paste - capers - onion - maple syrup - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 600, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 18g (90% DV), Cholesterol: 250mg (83% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond, coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften the coconut oil; hard-cook the egg
- If the coconut oil is cold, bring it to room temperature to soften.
While the egg cooks, prepare the herb stuffing.
Make the herb stuffing
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] parsley for garnish.
Stuff and “bread” the chicken
- Crack the remaining egg [2 eggs] into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the paleo “bread crumbs” with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut a 2- to 3-inch pocket lengthwise along one side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way through the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken
While the chicken roasts and rests, prepare the salad ingredients.
Prep the salad ingredients
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the hard-cooked egg.
- Peel the hard-cooked egg.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Mix the herb stuffing.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Garnish the chicken Kiev and lettuce leaves.