In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken korma with baby spinach and coconut basmati rice
2 Servings, 830 Calories/Serving
An aromatic dish first cooked up for Mughal emperors, our chicken korma gets the royal treatment with our house-made spice blend and is ready in just 30 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- Korma spice blend (garam masala - cardamom)
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ pound baby spinach
- 1 naan
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Calories: 830, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 86g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure out ½ cup coconut milk; set aside the rest for the chicken.
While the rice cooks, make the chicken korma.
Cook the chicken korma
- Peel and thinly slice enough yellow onion to measure 1 cup.
Add the remaining ½ cup coconut milk and ½ cup water. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the chicken korma is almost done, prepare the naan and the garnish.
Warm the naan
Prep the garnish