In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken larb lettuce cups with carrots and fresh mint
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 340 Calories/Serving
Raise a lettuce cup to the national dish of Laos! In this low-carb take, we skip the rice and pair the minced meat salad with stir-fried veggies, sweet tomato, and fresh mint.
In your bag
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 head organic green leaf or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 organic lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Calories 340, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the ground meat
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ground meat and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned and almost cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the onion.
Prep the onion; cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
In the same pan used for the ground meat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the onion and as many chile flakes as you like and cook until the onion starts to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the larb
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the ground meat and any accumulated juices and half the fish sauce. Cook over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season lightly to taste with salt and pepper and more fish sauce, if desired.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on one end of a serving platter and transfer the ground meat to the other end. Top the meat with the tomato and mint and invite everyone to assemble their own lettuce cups. Serve the lime wedges on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Top the meat with tomato and mint.