Chicken Marbella with dates and chicories
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Family-Friendly
20 – 35 Minutes
In Sun Basket’s paleo spin on the classic party dish from the iconic cookbook The Silver Palate, coconut sugar and dates help naturally sweeten the dish.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 3 or 4 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1½ ounces dates (with pits)
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 ounces pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Marbella sauce base (red wine vinegar - coconut sugar)
- ½ head chicory lettuce (such as escarole or radicchio)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
To get dinner on the table even faster, in Step 1, start searing the chicken while you continue prepping the remaining ingredients.
Calories: 600, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: (Coconut Sugar): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.