In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken meatballs with tomato salad and asparagus mimosa
Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 360 Calories/Serving
This simple springtime meal bursts with freshness and color—from the lean chicken meatballs and bright tomato salad to the crisp-tender asparagus topped with hard-cooked egg.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- Sunbasket caper vinaigrette (EVOO - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
- 1 organic egg
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket meatball seasoning blend (almond meal - granulated garlic - coriander - ground ginger)
Calories 360, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus; cut the asparagus in half crosswise.
Cook the egg
Make the tomato salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots; set aside three-fourths of the shallots for the meatballs.
Chop the egg; prep and cook the meatballs
- Coarsely chop the egg; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Fill a small bowl with ice water.
- Peel the egg.
- Divide the shallots.
- Top the asparagus with the egg.