In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken over beet and arugula salad with lemon-tahini dressing
Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
With precooked beets and a house-made tahini dressing, this gluten-free and hearty chicken salad comes together in a mere 15 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- ¼ pound organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (fresh lemon juice - tahini - fresh garlic - fresh orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Calories: 570, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the quick-pickled shallots; prep and cook the chicken
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Juice the lemon.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken and cook, turning once, until slightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the salad and the dressing.
Make the salad; finish the dressing
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid; coarsely chop the beets.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base, dill, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the shallots.
- Juice the lemon.
- Toss the beet salad.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Spoon the dressing over the chicken.