In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken paillards with warm nectarine-arugula salad and ricotta salata
Paleo-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
4 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
“Paillard” is a fancy French word for an idea with mass appeal: quick-cooking cuts of meat that pair with easy sides like our stone-fruit salad.
In your bag
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto
- ½ pound button mushrooms
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 nectarines
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic - salt)
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the prosciutto and mushrooms
- Coarsely chop the prosciutto.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; divide the leaves into two equal portions, one for the salad and one for garnish.
Warm the dressing; toss the salad
In a medium bowl, combine the arugula, nectarines, prosciutto, mushrooms, and half the parsley with as much dressing as you like and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the salad.
- Crumble the ricotta salata.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve the meal.