Chicken paillards with warm nectarine-arugula salad and ricotta salata
Paleo-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
“Paillard” is a fancy French word for an idea with mass appeal: quick-cooking cuts of meat that pair with easy sides like our stone-fruit salad.
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto
- ½ pound button mushrooms
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 nectarines
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic - salt)
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Ricotta salata is just what its name means in Italian: ”salted (fresh) ricotta.” The cheese is traditionally left to age for at least 90 days until it forms a deliciously dense texture and subtly salty flavor.
Cook the prosciutto and mushrooms
- Coarsely chop the prosciutto.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; divide the leaves into two equal portions, one for the salad and one for garnish.
Warm the dressing; toss the salad
In a medium bowl, combine the arugula, nectarines, prosciutto, mushrooms, and half the parsley with as much dressing as you like and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the salad.
- Crumble the ricotta salata.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve the meal.
Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 2g (8% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 14g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 510, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 2g (8% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.