In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
“Chicken-Parm” burgers with seared Caesar salad
Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the Italian-American classic, these easy burgers get a boost from our steaming marinara and a mozzarella-provolone cheese blend.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 2 whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
- ⅓ cup Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- Sunbasket Caesar dressing (paleo mayo - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic - anchovy paste - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 600, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 1100mg (48% DV), Total Carb. 44g (16% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the patties
Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken and herb blend. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into two [four] 1-inch-thick patties.
Heat the buns
On a sheet pan, lay the buns, cut sides up. Lightly drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the marinara on the bun bottoms, then sprinkle the Italian cheese blend on the bun tops. Bake until the marinara is heated through and the cheese is melted, 7 to 9 minutes. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking without turning until the patties are cooked through, 7 to 9 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the patties are cooking, prepare the romaine.
Prep and cook the romaine
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; cut the romaine in half lengthwise.
In the same pan used for the burgers, working in batches if needed, place the romaine, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat without turning until lightly browned on some outside leaves, 2 to 4 minutes. Add more oil between batches if needed. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the romaine halves to individual plates and spoon on as much Caesar dressing as you like. Place a bun bottom on each plate, top with a burger, and close with the bun tops. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Prepare the buns for heating.
- Spoon the dressing over the romaine.
- Help assemble the burgers.