Chicken Parmesan with house salad
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly
35 – 50 Minutes
This Sun Basket riff on an Italian-American classic combines hearty, gooey, and satisfying with breaded chicken, fresh-cooked tomato sauce, and a green salad.
In your bag
- 1 red onion
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - salt)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 1½ ounces shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 3 ounces baby greens (such as spinach or kale)
An Italian invention, balsamic vinegar is a dark, sweet-tart vinegar made from pressed grape must—the same stuff that’s used to produce wine, except that it is not allowed to ferment when making vinegar. Instead, aged balsamic gains its character and complexity as it rests in successively smaller wooden barrels, each constructed of a different wood, for a total of at least 12 years. The longer it ages, the more moisture evaporates, concentrating the liquid and its flavors.
Calories: 770, Protein: 50g (100% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 200mg (67% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.