In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken piccata with Brussels sprout and apple salad
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
In this paleo twist on an Italian-American classic, a dusting of arrowroot powder makes chicken crisp and piccata sauce brims with bright lemon and briny capers.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 1 organic Cripps Pink or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket slaw dressing base (onion - red wine vinegar - fresh garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon capers
Calories 500, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 500mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the salad
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts crosswise.
- Core and thinly slice the apple.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the piccata sauce.
Prep and cook the chicken and sauce
- Measure ½ cup [1 cup] vegetable broth; save the rest for another use.
- Juice the lemon.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the arrowroot powder with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Dredge the chicken in the arrowroot powder, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining parsley and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Measure the vegetable broth.
- Juice the lemon.
- Season and spread the arrowroot powder.