In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken piccata with romaine-apple salad and gluten-free fusilli
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Chicken piccata gets a dairy-free makeover thanks to the thickening power of arrowroot. Quinoa pasta keeps the dish gluten-free, too.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa fusilli
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
Calories 710, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 87g (32% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the piccata sauce.
Make the piccata sauce
While the sauce simmers, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and rests, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining pasta ingredients; finish the pasta
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Juice the lemon; set aside half for the salad.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Core and thinly slice the apple.
- Time the fusilli.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.