In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken piccata with roasted zucchini and smashed new potatoes
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
A magical Mediterranean sauce, piccata dresses up simple chicken breasts in a lemony coating. Roasted zucchini and smashed new potatoes make fun sides.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic red or gold new potatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1½ tablespoons capers
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 650, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 440mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 52g (19% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the potatoes
On 1 sheet pan, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes (they will finish roasting in Step 3).
While the potatoes roast, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut each breast in half horizontally to form 2 cutlets, for a total of 4  cutlets. Season the cutlets generously with salt and pepper.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] flour for the piccata sauce. On a plate or shallow bowl, season the remaining flour generously with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the zucchini and finish the potatoes.
Roast the zucchini; smash the potatoes
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise; cut each half lengthwise into thirds, then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Parmesan, garlic-herb blend, and as many chile flakes as you like.
Remove the potatoes from the oven. Using the bottom of a cup, gently smash the potatoes until the skins break and toss with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Roast until the potatoes and zucchini are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the piccata sauce.
Make the piccata sauce
- Rinse the capers, then coarsely chop them.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest and half the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and cook over medium heat until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Brush the zucchini with oil and season.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the piccata sauce.
- Garnish with the parsley.