In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken polpette alla marinara with cauliflower "rice"
Paleo, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
These main-course-worthy meatballs, seared and then simmered in our house-made marinara sauce and spooned over cauliflower “rice,” are a hit with kids and adults alike.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- 1 organic egg
- Sun Basket polpette spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Sun Basket marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic red onion
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
Calories: 450, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the polpette
- Finely chop half the spinach; save the remaining spinach for another use.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop half the leaves and set aside the remaining whole leaves for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the polpette and sauce
While the polpette and sauce cook, start the cauliflower “rice.”
Prep the onion; cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Divide the spinach in half.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the parsley.