In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
One-pan chicken puttanesca with kale and olives
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
A great combo of our custom puttanesca sauce plus capers, olives, and fresh basil come together in a one-pan chicken dinner that’s easy and delicious.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 sprigs organic fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- Sunbasket puttanesca base (EVOO - anchovy paste - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 460, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- If desired, remove the chicken skin and discard (see Make It Leaner note). Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems and coarsely chop enough to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] (the oregano will be divided between the puttanesca sauce and the garnish). Save any remaining oregano for another use.
- Cut the olives in half.
- Rinse the capers.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Cook the puttanesca sauce; finish the chicken
Nestle the chicken in the sauce and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the oregano and basil leaves.
- Rinse the capers.
- Measure the water for the puttanesca sauce.
- Garnish with basil and oregano.