Chicken rigatoni with pesto and bell pepper
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean
25 – 40 Minutes
This pasta has a much more complex flavor than its short ingredient list might suggest. Our house-made pesto brings it together in a flash.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free rigatoni
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - fresh basil - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
To get dinner on the table even more quickly, in Step 2, start cooking the onion while you continue prepping the remaining ingredients.
Calories: 790, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.