In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and gluten-free rigatoni with pesto and bell pepper
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
This pasta has a much more complex flavor than its short ingredient list might suggest. Our house-made pesto brings the dish together in a flash.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free rigatoni
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories 800, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the vegetables and chicken.
Prep the vegetables and chicken
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips and season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the vegetables and chicken
Finish the pasta
- Time the rigatoni.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
“Best flavor ever. Please offer again! I learned that there is gluten-free pasta.” —Leslie H.