Chicken rigatoni with pesto and red bell pepper
25 – 35 Minutes
This pasta has much more complex flavor than its short ingredient list might suggest. Our house-made pesto means it comes together in a flash.
- 5 ounces rigatoni
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Two 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket basil pesto (fresh basil - walnuts - olive oil - salt)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Cook the rigatoni
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the vegetables and chicken.
Prep the vegetables and chicken
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
Cook the onion and chicken
Finish the pasta
Chef’s Tip: To get dinner to the table even more quickly, in Step 2, start cooking the onion while you continue prepping the remaining ingredients.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 50g (100% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 145mg (48% DV), Sodium: 930mg (39% DV), Carbohydrates: 63g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat