In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fast chicken salad with kale, kiwi, and apples
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Fresh and light, this super-easy chicken salad, loaded with superfoods, comes together in less than 20 minutes and is just right for a hot summer evening or lunch.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic Gala or other apples
- 2 organic kiwis
- 5 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket house dressing (EVOO - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 2 tablespoons shaved coconut
Calories: 680, Protein: 56g (112% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the apples
- Cut the apples into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into 1-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel the kiwis and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
Toss the salad
- Time the chicken.
- Toss the salad.
- Garnish with the shaved coconut.