In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fast chicken salad with kale, kiwi, and apples
Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Fresh and light, this super-easy chicken salad, loaded with superfoods, comes together in less than 20 minutes and is just right for a hot summer evening or lunch.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 4 chicken cutlets (about ¼ pound each)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic Gala or other apples
- 2 organic kiwis
- 5 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket house dressing (EVOO - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 2 tablespoons shaved coconut
Calories 680, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 44g (16% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 27g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 56g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the apples
- Cut the apples into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into 1-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel the kiwis and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
Toss the salad
- Time the chicken.
- Toss the salad.
- Garnish with the shaved coconut.