Sicilian chicken breasts with salmoriglio sauce and baby broccoli
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
This paleo and gluten-free chicken dinner gets its bold flavor from a fast and easy lemon and herb sauce, cooked in the same pan used for the chicken.
- 10 ounces baby broccoli
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Make It Leaner
In Step 2, after cooking the chicken, discard the skin from the breasts and you’ll lose about 35 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving (2 of those grams are from saturated fat). Make it even leaner by pouring off all but 1 teaspoon of the fat in the pan.
Prep and roast the baby broccoli
- Trim about 1 inch from the ends of the baby broccoli; cut any larger stalks in half lengthwise.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the ingredients for the salmoriglio sauce.
Prep the salmoriglio sauce ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Make the salmoriglio sauce
Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts