In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian chicken breasts with salmoriglio sauce and broccoli rabe
Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
For this tasty chicken dinner, we amp up the flavor in the lemon-herb salmoriglio sauce with drippings and browned bits left from cooking the chicken.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 bunch organic broccoli rabe (about ¾ pound)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Calories: 460, Protein: 48g (96% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the vegetables and almonds.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli rabe.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
In the same pan used for the chicken, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the broccoli rabe and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the salmoriglio sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, parsley, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Remove from the heat and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken, broccoli rabe, and bell pepper to individual plates. Drizzle the chicken with the salmoriglio sauce and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the salmoriglio sauce.