In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian chicken breasts with salmoriglio sauce and broccoli rabe
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Made with garlic, herbs, olive oil, and lemon juice, our tangy salmoriglio pan sauce brightens organic chicken like a shot of sunshine.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 bunch organic broccoli rabe (about ¾ pound)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¼ cup dry-roasted almonds
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Calories: 500, Protein: 50g (100% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the broccoli rabe.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the broccoli rabe.
Blanch the broccoli rabe
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli rabe.
To the pot of boiling water, add the broccoli rabe and cook until the stalks are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic. Divide into two equal portions, one for the vegetables and one for the sauce.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the juice for the sauce.
In the same pan used for the chicken, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in half the garlic and as many chile flakes as you like and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the parsley.
Prep the parsley; make the salmoriglio sauce
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the oregano and remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, parsley, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water. Remove from the heat and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken and broccoli rabe and bell pepper to individual plates. Drizzle the chicken with the salmoriglio sauce and serve.
- Fill a pot with water for the broccoli rabe.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the salmoriglio sauce.