In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian chicken breasts with salmoriglio sauce and broccoli rabe
Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
In this tasty chicken dinner, we amp up the flavor in the lemon-herb salmoriglio sauce with drippings and browned bits left from searing the chicken.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¾ pound organic broccoli rabe
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Calories: 460, Protein: 48g (96% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the broccoli rabe and bell pepper.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli rabe.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
While the broccoli rabe and pepper cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the salmoriglio sauce
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the salmoriglio sauce.