In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Skewered chicken satay with garlic vegetables and cashew dipping sauce
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Celebrate the Thai New Year with this fun-to-eat meal featuring three Sunbasket signature sauces for big flavor with easy prep.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket panang curry paste (mild green chiles - lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander - cumin - ancho chile powder - cardamom)
- 2 organic carrots
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - miso - dried plums - garlic - molasses - ginger - porcini powder)
- Sunbasket cashew dipping sauce base (cashew butter - sambal oelek - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - ketchup - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas
- Wooden skewers
Nutrition per serving
Calories 750, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 1450mg (63% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 48g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick pieces; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Divide the “oyster sauce” blend between two small bowls. Stir 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water into half the “oyster sauce.” Stir the cashew dipping sauce base into the remaining “oyster sauce” and set aside for serving.
Cook the vegetables
While the vegetables cook, thread the chicken onto skewers.
Skewer and cook the chicken
- Using 6  skewers, thread the chicken strips onto the skewers.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Divide the “oyster sauce.”
- Stir the water into the “oyster sauce.”