In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken scallopini with lemon-olive sauce and sautéed greens
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
A winning Mediterranean combo of lemons, olives, and fresh parsley gives this fast chicken dish a bright, briny finish. Pounded cutlets help the meal come together in about half an hour.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 small leek
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 5 ounces shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 430, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 31g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Place 1 chicken breast at a time on a large piece of plastic wrap; sprinkle the meat with a few drops of water. Cover with another piece of plastic; flatten with a rolling pin or heavy frying pan to about ½-inch thickness. Remove the plastic. Transfer the chicken to a plate, pat dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the arrowroot powder with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons [1 to 2 TBL] oil. Working in batches if needed, add the chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to rest. Add more oil between batches if needed. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken cooks and rests, prepare the greens.
Prep and cook the greens
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Rinse well.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL]; set aside half for the sauce.
- Set aside half the vegetable broth for the sauce.
While the greens cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Brown the lemons; make the sauce
- Juice half the lemon; thinly slice the remaining half. [Juice 1 lemon; thinly slice the remaining lemon.]
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish the chicken.