In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken shawarma salad with pita chips and lemon-tahini dressing
Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
This deconstructed chicken shawarma is turned into a quick and easy salad, with crunch from homemade pita chips and creaminess from our lemon-tahini dressing.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ teaspoons sumac
- 2 Atoria's Family Bakery Pitas
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories: 600, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, start preparing the pita chips.
Make the pita chips
- Cut each pita bread into 8 wedges.
While the pita toasts, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
Finish the dressing; assemble the salad
- Shred the chicken; sprinkle with sumac.
- Stir the dressing.
- Break up the pita chips.
- Assemble the chicken salad.