In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken shawarma salad with pita chips and lemon-tahini dressing
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
This deconstructed chicken shawarma is turned into a quick and easy salad, with crunch from homemade pita chips and creaminess from our lemon-tahini dressing.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 Atoria's Family Bakery pita breads
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta
Calories 610, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 630mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Using a fork, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and sprinkle with the sumac.
While the chicken cooks and cools, start preparing the pita chips.
Make the pita chips
- Cut each pita bread into 8 wedges.
While the pita toasts, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
Finish the dressing; assemble the salad
- Shred the chicken; sprinkle with sumac.
- Stir the dressing.
- Break up the pita chips.
- Assemble the chicken salad.