In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Easy chicken skewers with sliced stone fruit, avocado, and dips
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Instead of tossing chicken wings in traditional cayenne pepper sauce and butter, we brown chicken skewers and serve Buffalo sauce as a dip on the side.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Lemon-garlic aioli (paleo mayo - fresh lemon juice - fresh garlic)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 organic peach or other stone fruit
- 4 or 5 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic avocado
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup Frank's RedHot® cayenne pepper sauce
Calories 600, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 150mg (50% DV), Sodium 1000mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 15g (5% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Char the shallots; make the shallot dip
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
Transfer the shallots to a serving bowl and stir in the lemon-garlic aioli. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan.
While the shallots cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips, then cut the strips crosswise into 1-inch cubes. Thread the chicken onto the wooden skewers and season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Make the Buffalo sauce dip
- In a small sauce pot, using a fork or whisk, mix together the arrowroot powder and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water to form a slurry.
- Stir the shallot dip.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Mix the arrowroot slurry.
- Arrange the serving platter.