In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken tagine with currants, spinach, and artichokes
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Our signature blend of spices, including coriander and sweet paprika, creates layers of flavor in this one-pan, paleo chicken dish.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket tagine spice blend (coriander - sweet paprika - cumin - Aleppo chile flakes - ground ginger)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - extra virgin olive oil - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon currants
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 390, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 620mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the tagine spice blend.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Separate the pulp from the preserved lemon peel. Coarsely chop the pulp and thinly slice the peel, keeping them separate.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Divide into two equal portions, one for the tagine and one for garnish.
Start the tagine
Add the marinara, currants, half the cilantro, and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.
Finish the tagine
- Measure the onion.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Measure the water for the tagine.
- Garnish with cilantro.