In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken taquitos with guacamole and pickled jalapeños
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
Spanish for “little tacos,” these chicken taquitos are as fun to say as they are to eat. Packed with flavor and just a hint of spice, they’ll have you shouting Olé!
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Southwestern tomato base (tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
Calories: 820, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 18g (72% DV), Total Fat: 39g (60% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 1040mg (43% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: (tortillas contain added sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken filling
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Southwestern tomato base and ¼ cup [½ cup] water.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, stir in the chicken and tomato base and cook until fragrant and the liquid has thickened slightly, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl, stir in the Mexican cheese blend, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the guacamole and heat the tortillas.
Make the guacamole; chop the jalapeños
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise; remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- If using, coarsely chop the jalapeños for garnish. Wash your hands after handling.
Warm the tortillas; assemble the taquitos
Place the tortillas on a work surface. Divide the chicken filling evenly among the tortillas, spreading the filling over the bottom third of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla as tightly as you can.
Cook the taquitos
- Stir the tomato base and water.
- Juice the lime.
- Mash and stir the guacamole.
- Roll the taquitos.
- Top the taquitos with guacamole.