In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken teriyaki with stir-fried vegetables and basmati rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Japanese by name, teriyaki actually originated in Hawaii. Our all-natural, gluten-free version will be your new favorite alternative to takeout.
In your bag
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 ounces organic broccoli
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket teriyaki sauce blend (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 770, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 102g (37% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry vegetables
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Brown the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Finish the stir-fry
Add the chicken and any accumulated juices, bok choy, carrots, and teriyaki sauce blend and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, the vegetables are crisp-tender, and the sauce is thickened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Garnish with the cilantro.