Chicken thighs in tomato sauce with fresh herbs and cheese polenta
Pan-fried chicken thighs are served alongside an earthy tomato sauce made with fresh thyme, oregano and parsley, while a cheesy polenta is plated alongside to soak up all the flavors.
- ½ cup polenta
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10-ounce boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 shallots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
Cook polenta, season chicken:
While the chicken cooks:
* Peel and thinly slice shallots lengthwise.
* Stem and de-seed pepper and dice into 1-inch squares.
* Peel and smash garlic with side of a knife.
* Pull thyme and oregano leaves from woody stems and roughly chop leaves. Roughly chop parsley.
* Drain tomatoes.
Make tomato sauce: