In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken tikka masala with basmati rice and naan
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
In this family favorite, chicken is marinated in a masala-spiced yogurt sauce, then simmered in tomatoes and coconut milk and ladled over steamed rice.
In your bag
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 yellow onion
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- Masala spice blend (coriander - cumin - cardamom - garam masala - sweet paprika - nutmeg)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 2 naan
Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 450mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
Marinate the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Juice 1 lemon.
- Cut the other lemon into wedges for serving.
Prep the ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the chicken
Make the sauce; toast the naan
When the chicken is almost done, on the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying or grill pan over medium heat, warm the naan until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast it in a toaster.
Tear the naan into four pieces.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure out the garlic and ginger.
- Juice the lemon.
- Tear the naan into pieces.
- Serve the meal.