In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken tom kha gai soup
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Our paleo version of a Thai take-out favorite can be made in just one pot. Our custom lemongrass paste adds an authentically punchy, bright flavor to the broth.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 510, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 210mg (9% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and sear the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken browns, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 2-inch lengths.
Start the tom ka gai
Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and chicken and any accumulated juices and bring to a boil. Reduce to a vigorous simmer, cover, and cook until the vegetables are just tender and the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
While the tom ka gai simmers, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the lime and cilantro; finish the tom ka gai
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish the soup with cilantro.